Welcome to the Tak Times: Issue V! Our featured article this month is, of course, our interview with James Ernest - the genius designer behind this game that we all love. He also wrote and shared with us his account of Tak's origin story. Hope you enjoy!
- Interview with James Ernest, creator of Tak and legendary game designer
- Developing Tak by James Ernest (on CrabFragmentLabs.com) - Mr. Ernest took our interest in the evolution and design of Tak seriously, and wrote out the origin story for all the Tak community to enjoy.
- I call Tak, and so should you! by Matt (Orfane) - an argument for why calling "Tak" to signal your road threats will improve the game.
- Let’s Talk Tak Variants by ManaT - a discussion and categorization of common Tak variants.
- What the Heck is HexTak? by Kieran O’Connell (T0afer) - an exploration into whether Tak played on a hex board is a worthwhile enterprise.
- Nqeron's Puzzles #10-12
Support the Tak Times:
The best way you can support the Tak Times is by reading and engaging with our monthly issue. Share your thoughts and opinions. Jump into the debate. Our ultimate goal - and grand experiment - is to bring the community alive in conversation and more Tak games!